Sunday, July 10, 2005

Yesterday we (Mike, Joel, Brent, and I) hiked to the top of South Timpanogos, or Timp's "Second Summit". I'd done Timp's main summit 21 times previously and was looking to switch it up a little bit. Plus, while having slid DOWN the glacier many times, I'd never tried climbing UP it before, which we also did yesterday.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to lament the fact that I was unable to take a picture with my phone from the top and have it instantly appear on this blog (which I thought would have been pretty cool) because when I reached into my backpack to get it...the STUPID BATTERY WAS DEAD! Doh! So the following pic isn't instantaneous, but at least it's a better quality one, since my phone camera is pretty lousy at best. :)


I overheard the ranger saying that everyone making it to the top had ice axes and crampons. Almost everyone. ;) In hindsight we probably should have had that kind of gear...just haven't gotten around to buying it yet, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Man that looks cool from up there. I guess you know what not summiting feels like so I don't have to explain, but ahhhhhh it sucks. Anyway thanks for telling me about Google Earth. It's freaking awesome. It's a great tool for scouting out trails, especially if you use it with a topo map. I've done some detailed scouting of Lone Peak, and it looks friggin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete