Wednesday, June 22, 2005

So apparently the AFI (American Film Institute - never heard of them before now) has come up with what they consider the top 100 movies lines of all time. I quickly skimmed the list and I recognize probably a little over half of them. Not unexpectedly, the top 20 or so was dominated by movies that came out before your grandparents were born. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia. Frankly, I don't give a damn about most of them. ;)

There were, however, some key snubs which I would like to give their due credit here on my nuevito blog and its vast readership.

"PC Load Letter? What the &!%$ does THAT mean?" - Office Space

"Hudson! This little girl survived longer than that with NO weapons and NO training." "Why don't we put HER in charge?" - Aliens

"I'm sorry I blew up your mom, Ricky" - Better Off Dead

Those were 3 that came to mind. Feel free to add any that you think got snubbed. Here's a link to the top 100 list: http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list

2 comments:

  1. Nobody puts Baby in the corner. -- Dirty Dancing

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't know baby!" -- Independence Day :)

    ReplyDelete