Friday, October 19, 2007

Hello Shameless Opportunity, errr, Goodbuy

C'mon Target. I thought you were the good, anti-Walmart. I guess not.

Women are dying of breast cancer. It's a terrible tragedy. So why not come down to your local neighborhood Target and pick up a shiny new set of Breast Cancer Awareness Instant Heat Rollers:











And while you're here, might as well pick up a Breast Cancer Awareness Body Fat Scale, now with special electro tumor-sensing capabilities:










Having some friends over for a Breast Cancer Awareness party? Why not make the night extra special by whipping up a batch of toast? Mmmm. We have the perfect tool for the job:



I think you see my point. :) And that's just the beginning:

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree, with this shameless opportunity, I love pink, however I don't buy things just because they have a bow on it. I mean the majority of the proceeds probably go toward their opperating and marketing costs.

    With that said- how insensitive are the breast cancer awareness hair rollers- i mean really- think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lane! Being a recent fan of your blog and a daughter of a breast cancer survivor I didn't like this entry. Pink sells. Most ladies love pink and if part of the proceeds can go to fighting breast cancer then I'm all for it. I see your funny point, but if having more products that are pink to remind women to do their self examinations then I say bring on the pink.

    ReplyDelete